Let me begin by saying, yes, I am looking for any and every excuse to use the Kitchenaid Mixer I got. I’m glad you enjoy these escapades. I got off on a total wild hair this morning and decided to make from scratch some cinnamon roll pancakes with cream cheese icing. They were really quite delicious despite me basing my actual recipe loosely on one I found from the internet and at one point sort of making things up as I went, as is my way.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (for 2-4 people)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or Baking Mix
2 TBS Baking Powder
1 cup Milk
1 TBS Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/8 Cup of Butter
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 TBS Ground Cinnamon
1) Throw all these items into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth via hand or a stand mixer.
2) Pour a desired amount into griddle at 350 or skillet on medium high heat and flip when few bubbles are forming (see pic).
3) Frost as desired with mix described below.
Cream Cheese Frosting for Two
2 TBS butter just below room temperature
1 oz Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese
1/4 cup Confectioner’s (Powdered) Sugar
1) Throw all these items into a stand mixer bowl, start at the lowest setting until the confectioners sugar is mixed moist, then on setting 2 for about 5 minutes.
2) Frost your pancakes using a knife.